Sunday, April 27, 2014

Love Note

I became interested in hiring a doula when I was a little over half way through my first pregnancy. I spoke with and interviewed a few different ladies before choosing Rachael. Rachael's knowledge of yoga, aromatherapy, and massage immediately made her stand out to me and my partner. After hiring her, Rachael was very involved and helpful with any questions or concerns that came up. She familiarized herself with the birth plan that we decided on and even offered prenatal classes, rebozo techniques, and herbal supplements to prepare us for the remainder of the pregnancy and birth of our daughter in a natural way. When labor started, Rachael was there every step of the way. Things didn't go as planned. My baby was posterior and my birth plan changed at the last minute. I was disappointed that I was going to have to make the nessesary changes, but Rachael comforted and supported us every step of the way. Her presence was never too much or too little. Everything we needed was handled beautifully and her loving, caring, supportive nature helped give me the confidence to push my baby out. 
Looking back, hiring Rachael was one of the best choices I could have made. I would definately recomend her to others, especially if you have an appreciation for a natural, holistic lifestyle. If and when I am ready for my second child, Rachael will be one if the first to know!